I can't believe that I am 16 Weeks already (16 weeks + 2 days to be exact)!!! The bump definitely has grown over night, some days it pooches out bigger than others & I do feel like some photo angles just make it look bigger (like the one up above), but it is definitely there. No hiding it. I thought I would do a little bullet point list on how I've been feeling:
- I am currently hungry all of the time...but also feel constantly full. It's a confusing battle, fixed with smaller more frequent meals.
- My cravings this week revolve around fruit, mainly mangos & by mainly I mean that I am utterly obsessed. I will take them dry but prefer them fresh. I also love raspberries, strawberries & bananas. Who knew that fruit was such an expensive habit?!? It's going to break my bank for sure....
- I have been pretty good at practicing my prenatal yoga & also some other basic strengthening workouts. A far cry from what I was used to previously, but I'm trying to listen to my body & I just don't want to go overboard. Also, growing a baby is tough work & most days I feel exhausted by 2pm.
- I cry easily but most of the time it's from being happy.
- I am almost ready to make the switch to maternity jeans, the rubber band method with my current pairs can only stretch so far. ;)
- Overall, I feel pretty amazing. I've loved everything about this adventure so far! With that said, I could do without the pregnancy acne...ha!
We got to hear your heartbeat again today. It was a strong 160 bpm. It's hard for me to explain what I feel every time I get to hear it. It's you, sweet baby, it's your life source & it's strong. It sounds so new but so familiar all at the same time. Your dad & I always make eye contact when we are listening, we made your little heartbeat together & it seems like such a magical gift to share with someone. In the past week I have almost certainly started to feel your little flutters. You are most active at night when I am lying down. So far, they feel like tiny, little flutters, like little ladybugs dancing in my tummy. I've felt a few stronger pops, after I eat a huge bowl of fruit, I'm guessing (hoping) those are little thank you kicks. You seem to have quite the hankering for mangos. I can't wait for your movements to get stronger & more frequent so your dad can feel them, too. We can't wait to meet you (in only 5 months or so!!!) Time is going by so fast. We love you more than words, sweet blueberry. xo.